CK Group are recruiting for a Quality Analyst to join a materials manufacturing company at their site based in Runcorn on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of niche materials used in a range of commercial applications. They are also committed to R&D. Recent investments obtained by the company allowed them to build and commission a significant new production facility at their Runcorn site which doubles the production area and provides the potential to generate revenue three to four times higher than the original plant.
Our client places a lot of importance on health and wellbeing, and allowing everyone to be able to balance the needs of work and home, which is reflected in the benefits they offer.
£20,000 - £23,000 per annum (depending on experience, with scope to go a little higher for more experienced candidate)
Other benefits include:
Bonus scheme, Company share option scheme, 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, opportunity for sponsorship with professional qualifications, Company events, Life insurance scheme (4 x salary), Company pension (7.5% contribution), Wellbeing Policies, free onsite parking, Cycle-to-work scheme
The Quality Analyst will be based at the company's site in Runcorn, easily commutable from Warrington, Widnes, Frodsham, Chester, Liverpool and Manchester. There is also flexibility to work at other locations as the business may reasonably require.
Hours of work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday ? Friday.
This is a hands-on role involving analysis of materials and maintenance and calibration of equipment. It requires flexibility to work with a wide and developing range of measurement and analytical techniques and includes Health and Safety responsibilities, participation in continuous improvement programmes and laboratory housekeeping.
- Carry out routine and non-routine QC testing of nanomaterials samples, precursors and incoming raw materials using a range of analytical techniques including (but not limited to) GC-FID, TGA, FT-IR, Karl Fischer titrations, UV-Vis-NIR and fluorescence spectroscopy
- Develop personal expertise in the range of analytical techniques used by the company
- Ensure that all analytical instruments are maintained in working order, calibrated and serviced
- Report and investigate quality failures
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 quality standards when analysing samples and recording data
- Critically evaluate QC procedures and assist in the development and improvement of analytical methods by working closely with R&D and Production teams
- Prepare COSHH forms and Risk Assessments
- Carry Safety and Quality audits as required
- BSc. or MSc in Chemistry or similar subject with a significant chemistry portion.
- Must have experience in one or more of the analytical techniques listed above (experience working within an ISO-certified laboratory is advantageous).
- Ability to work effectively in a small team and across multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise and address forthcoming issues
- Flexibility to work under strict deadlines and changing priorities
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55255 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55255
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 14th March 2023
- Expires: 11th April 2023