Location: London or Manchester (Flex for Remote working)
Duration: 10 months+
Pay rate: £209.73 - £250.08 per day PAYE
Hours: 40 hours per week (9-6)
We are looking for a smart, passionate candidate to join our team. Tax Engine is part of the Global Tax Calculation Services team, a program comprised of analysts, tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global indirect tax calculation solutions to the company and thousands of other merchants selling on marketplaces, as well as other e-commerce platforms.
The individual in this role will part of the Controllership team and be participating on global and cross-functional risk and control projects within Product Classification space. In this role, the candidate will join a relatively new team and thus be able to innovate and define risk management and control metrics from scratch.
Key job responsibilities:
• Support the creation and management of internal control and business policies and procedures.
• Set-up risk management, controls rationalization & optimization processes.
• Define and set-up risk metrics, partnering with team members and Business Intelligence team.
• Make risk transparent and report risk assessment to leadership on a regular cadence, using data and applying own judgment for making recommendations.
• Perform deep-dive analysis for risk identification and assessments.
• Evaluate current business processes and identify process improvements and opportunities to gain efficiencies.
• Establish trustful relationships with Compliance, Advisory and Planning and set up checkpoints to assess qualitative risk.
• Understand business goals, system platforms and processes, and recommend new approaches and procedures.
• Coach and mentor junior members of the team.
• 5+ years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing or relevant line of business and/or legal or regulatory experience.
• Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management.
• Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders in complex and rapid changing work environments.
• Experience analyzing business, finance and operational processes, articulating and implementing recommended improvements.
• Proficient in obtaining, organizing and analyzing data to make and drive fact-based decisions.
• Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and other Microsoft tools.
• Bachelor/Master in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other advanced degree in fields with analytical focus.
• Basic SQL and/or data querying skills .
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2303-512277
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 14th March 2023
- Expires: 11th April 2023