A fast-growing chemical development business based in Basingstoke is currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to join its team on a permanent basis. As an Analytical Chemist, you will perform a range of analytical procedures in support of the R&D/manufacturing processes.
This role will suit a degree qualified Chemist, possessing relevant industry experience operating in a fast-paced analytical laboratory.
Analytical Chemist responsibilities
- Carry out process control and analytical testing of intermediates and end products in support of the manufacturing process.
- Perform calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting on analytical equipment as required.
- Carry out analytical method development in support of new products or specifications.
- Perform analytical activities in support of the development of new chemical processes.
- Ensure that activities carried out are documented accordingly to ensure high-quality standards and traceability.
- Assist with all health, safety and environmental practices ensuring that a proactive approach to Health and Safety is brought to the laboratory area.
- Liaise with the manufacturing team to ensure the manufactured product is tested and released in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing team to ensure that production processes achieve desired results.
- Assist with the preparation of samples for analysis at external laboratories when required.
Analytical Scientist requirements
- Degree level qualification in chemistry or closely related.
- Industry experience completing a range of analytical tests on raw samples - ideally chemicals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills. Daily use of spreadsheets, word processors, email, and computer-managed laboratory equipment.
- Good organisational skills, with a flexible approach and the ability to manage changing priorities.
£Comp + benefits
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7674
- Posted: 13th March 2023
- Expires: 10th April 2023