A market-leading energy storage business based in Surrey is currently recruiting a Development Engineer to join its concept team on a permanent basis. As Development Engineer, you will play a vital role in building and testing prototypes for next generation of clean energy solutions.
This role would suit a degree-qualified Mechanical Engineer/Systems Engineer possessing relevant experience involving building, testing and analysis of rig equipment.
Development Engineer responsibilities
- Design, Develop, Build and Test prototype sub-assemblies that meet the fundamental engineering requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the design and process engineering to design and build test rigs, reactors, scrubbers, gas processing units, and prototype products as well as evaluate potential new areas of technology that we could integrate into our next-generation products.
- Be responsible for the specification and procurement of parts, pumps and pipes from concept to prototype operating systems.
- Develop innovative and novel concepts with high-value IP while considering the freedom to operate.
- Instrumentation and control of test rigs and prototypes.
- Writing detailed test proposals, plans and reports.
- Liaise with external test houses as and when required.
- Generation of risk assessments for test and development areas and rigs.
Development Engineer requirements
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline - Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Relevant industry experience in a development and test engineering environment.
- Practical Hands-on skills relating to prototyping, assembling, and testing.
- Understanding of physical failure methods and approaches to root cause analysis.
- Good grasp of design verification approaches and ability to define suitable test methods.
- Able to present findings to senior management for accurate and timely decision-making.
- Effective communicator; appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal formats.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, prioritising activities, and planning work effectively to ensure project deadlines are met.
£Competitive salary + excellent company benefits
Development Engineer/Rigs/Test Engineering
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7638
- Posted: 8th March 2023
- Expires: 5th April 2023