Electronics Test Technicians – I want to speak to you. My client a Medical Device Manufacturer is looking to appoint an experienced Electronics Test Technician to join their R&D Team based in Oxford.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a minimum qualification at Level 3 (e.g. A Level, T Level or NVQ) in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience. You shall also be certified to IPC 610 and IPC 620, or had equivalent experience.
The Key Responsibilities of the Electronics Test Technician are as follows
- Prototype electronic systems and devices in accordance with guidance and/or documentation from engineers
- Assemble and connect system components (e.g. cables)
- Build prototype models based on technical guidelines, manuals and diagrams
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Rework circuit boards
- Repair malfunctions in circuitry and other system structures
- Support colleagues across the R&D team with technical tasks and testing requirements
- Use electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters to verify results
- Maintaining a safe working environment and complying with regulatory and organisational protocols
- Attending and supporting tests performed at external test houses, such as EMC testing, electrical safety testing, environmental testing, etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Proactive, results driven focus with the ability to identify and troubleshoot potential problems to their successful resolution
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced setting
- Proficient in the use of general Technician’s hand tools.
- Hand Soldering, crimping and Wiring techniques.
- Wiring Looms (manufacture and attachment)
- Ability to follow technical drawings and schematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fault finding and troubleshooting for both electrical and electronic systems
- Ability to document processes and report on designs and tests in the form of report
- Experience in electronics and PCB assembly techniques.
- Experience of Electro-Mechanical assembly.
- Experience in using various test equipment, e.g. Oscilloscopes and multi-meters
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2303-511691
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 8th March 2023
- Expires: 5th April 2023