Cranleigh STEM is looking for a Principal Embedded Software Engineer to join an innovative business in the sustainability and clean energy sector on a full-time, permanent basis.
You will be based at their state-of-the-art facility in Cranleigh, Surrey.
This position requires a person with experience with embedded microcontroller and software verification and documentation to work within a dynamic Control & Electronics team. In addition to capturing requirements, producing specifications, code development, implementation, debugging and verification at both software and system level.
Our client is looking for a candida who possesses good experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets, and familiarity with software configuration and debugging tools.
Also, the ability to work in an innovative design environment, be able to use their own initiative both working independently and as a member of a team of engineers and scientists.
- Developing embedded software for solutions and products including hardware and software interfacing.
- Defining, generating, and maintaining documentation for software products to support their compliance, and validation in accordance with product specifications.
- Design, implementation, modification and maintenance of hardware and software developed.
- Practical design and development experience in an embedded C/C++ RTOS/baremetal environment.
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics / Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong understanding of the C language and considerations specific to embedded systems.
- Good understanding of memory management and efficient coding techniques.
- Experience with at least one of the following communications interfaces: SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet.
- Experience with Modbus, CAN, Profinet.
- Experience in digital circuit design, schematic capture, and PCB layout.
- Direct experience with fuel cells or other electrochemical cell systems.
- Previous experience of working in adhering to a 'quality focused' organization and the associated QA procedures.
- A team-player capable of communicating concepts clearly and concisely in written and verbal form.
- Self-motivated and confident working with specialist engineers and scientists.
- Have the right to work in the UK without restriction.
- Minimum 5 years work experience.
Cranleigh STEM & Sustainability is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity, and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employment agency, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 75871
- Posted: 7th March 2023
- Expires: 4th April 2023