CK Group are recruiting for a highly motivated Process Development Scientist to join a Biotechnology company at their site based near Abingdon, on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a pioneering biotechnology company developing ground-breaking technologies designed to sustainably, and safely, control insects that transmit diseases and destroy crops.
As a Process Development Scientist, you will join our clients Rearing Development team, who are focused on the invention and validation of new processes and equipment that allows them to rear world-leading quantities of high-quality insects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and maintain large scale manufacturing equipment for the production of various insect species;
- Work closely alongside the engineering team to allow rapid feedback on their designs and prototypes;
- Support the tech transfer team in developing process capture documents for the target country of field release;
- Design experiments to interrogate the performance of our insects in new processes and equipment;
- Interpret data to steer design and testing of evolving systems using accepted statistical methods;
- Assist with maintaining up to date health and safety records and writing and updating SOPs and risk assessments;
- Coach junior staff members to help ensure proficiency in lab procedures, health and safety and housekeeping.
- Educated to BSc/MSc level in a relevant life science discipline or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment and/or automated machinery is essential;
- Experience working with machinery to grow biological material at scale or rear insects in a mass rearing setting is desirable;
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders including management, engineers, scientists, and technical staff;
- Must be diligent and organised, with data recording abilities and meticulous attention to detail;
- Able to work independently and within a team;
- Decisive and assertive with a driven and proactive approach
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55214 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55214
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 7th March 2023
- Expires: 4th April 2023