CK Group are recruiting for a Research and Development Scientist to join a leading medical diagnostics company at their site based in Gateshead on a permanent full-time basis.
Our client are a market leader in their field and have pioneered advances in technology and instrumentation.
This role is located in Gateshead and the site is easily commutable from the A1(M) and surrounding towns/cities in the North East.
Research and Development Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be involve:
- Take receipt of new projects for the development of capillary electrophoresis tests
- Identify deliverables and schedules for new work requests and assist the senior R&D scientist with resource allocation
- Review existing projects and report findings
- Complete technical documentation to strict regulatory standards
- Identify and confirm issues with product performance reported by QC or the Technical Services team
- Investigate and troubleshoot the cause of poor product or software performance
- Implement/update processes within the manufacturing and QC departments to prevent the reoccurrence of these issues
- Instigate, create, review and maintain Quality System Procedures relating to product validation and verification
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Life Sciences or Chemistry
- Proven laboratory/R&D experience is required and experience within the IVD industry would be desirable
- Experience of analytical techniques or automated analysers would be an advantage
- Familiar with good laboratory practice
- Experience of working to IVD or IVDR standards would be an advantage
- Some knowledge/interest in Capillary Electrophoresis
- Good attention to detail
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55184 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55184
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 6th March 2023
- Expires: 3rd April 2023