An opportunity has arisen for a senior Scientist with management experience to join a well-established organisation based in the NW area. The successful applicant will be responsible for design studies providing input to drive projects forward and detailed planning to ensure delivery of designs and other development documentation. Also, to provide expert knowledge of their area of work including keeping up to date with the latest R&D workflows and scientific literature, etc. The Senior Scientist will be expected to have effective communication and coordination with other team members across R&D, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Statistics, and Bioinformatics Department
Qualifications and Skills
- MSc or PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline, or equivalent commercial experience in a laboratory-based role in industry with a focus on biomarker development for in vitro diagnostics.
- Laboratory experience, include: processing biological samples, biomarker extraction and optimisation of manual and/or automated diagnostic assays
- Good in data analysis, interpretation and understanding of descriptive statistics
- Experience in the areas of infectious disease, oncology, or other chronic disease areas would be highly desirable
- Good Experience inoptimisation of manual and/or automated diagnostic devices.
To succeed in this role, the candidate must have the following skills;
- Good practical and technical skills with an enquiring and analytical mind
- Can-do attitude with excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will have a strong awareness of all matters relating to environment, health, safety and quality, thereby ensuring compliance with company good practice and industry regulations.
Skills: Management, biomarker extraction (e.g., DNA, RNA, protein), vitro diagnostic design, Project management, Assay Development. QA/Regulatory Affairs
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: BAM06
Website: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 3rd March 2023
- Expires: 31st March 2023