We are working with an exciting start-up business that manufactures speciality materials and chemicals for the medical device and polymer markets.
My client is looking to strengthen its technical team by hiring an analytical QC technician, you will play a key role in supporting the manufacturing operations by conducting a range of laboratory analytical tests, evaluating results, and preparing and maintaining standard equipment and chemicals required for running an analytical laboratory.
To be considered you should hold a degree in chemistry or a related discipline and possess experience in analytical techniques including HPLC, GC, GC-MS, UV Spectroscopy and wet chemistry.
This is a full-time role based at my client's facility near Saffron Walden.
- Support laboratory activities while ensuring compliance with the appropriate internal and external standards.
- Capture and report data with technical rigor and accuracy.
- Perform routine analyses using HPLC, GC, GC-MS, UV Spectroscopy, and wet chemistry techniques.
- Collect samples according to the Production Plan.
- Prepare and perform basic calibration and preventative maintenance of analytical systems.
- Hold a degree in chemistry or a related discipline.
- Possess experience in analytical techniques including HPLC, GC, GC-MS, UV Spectroscopy, and wet chemistry
- You should have a good knowledge of basic lab equipment and practical experience in performing analytical testing under (GLP) guidelines.
- Well-organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (DOE)
Benefits: 25 Days + Banks - Company pension - EV scheme - Cycle to work scheme - Free parking onsite - Life assurance
Hours: 37.5 Hours, Monday - Friday
Role: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Near Saffron Walden
Cranleigh STEM & Sustainability is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity, and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employment agency, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 8636
- Posted: 3rd March 2023
- Expires: 31st March 2023