CK Group are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing and distribution company at their site based in Aylesbury on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client specialises in supplying raw materials. They now have a need for a Development Chemist to join the team in developing and supplying chemicals to the personal care sector globally. The company offers excellent customer service and so exceptional English communication skills are essential, and any Polish communication skills would be advantageous. The successful candidate will join the R&D team where occasional overseas travel will be required. The company offers a good benefits package including 25 days holiday, pension, medical insurance, income protection, subsidised gym membership, early finish on a Friday and more. Training and career development will be provided.
This Development Chemist role is located in Aylesbury, commutable by road from surrounding areas including Oxford, Milton Keynes, London and more. Aylesbury also has a train station.
Development Chemist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Developing formulations to demonstrate the benefits of products
- Creating new formulations in response to customer briefs
- Investigating new materials to assess their functionality and possible applications
- Evaluating new and interesting technologies
- Developing company strategy regarding how best to promote and source new products
- Communicating complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Supporting sales teams by providing information, presentations and formulations
- Travelling worldwide to visit customers, suppliers and to attend technical exhibitions and symposia
- Presenting technical and trends based presentations at industry events
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a scientific subject, ideally chemistry
- Proven industry experience in a relevant lab environment - essential, preferably in the personal care sector
- Any experience of industry-based formulation skills would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English are essential
- Good spoken and written Polish would be beneficial
- Willingness to travel internationally
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54922 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54922
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 2nd March 2023
- Expires: 30th March 2023