CK Group are recruiting for a Stock Control Chemist to join an environmental and waste management company based in Sneyd Hill, Stoke-on-Trent on a permanent basis.
Our client is an established and leading company in hazardous and non-hazardous waste management in the West Midlands. They hold ISO14001 accreditation for environmental efficiency and sustainability, in addition to ISO9001 and ISO45001 accreditations.
The working hours will be 08:00-17:00, 40 hours per week.
This Stock Control Chemist role is located in Sneyd Hill in the West Midlands, easily commutable from Stoke-on-Trent and surrounding areas.
Stock Control Chemist Role:
The objective of the role is to maintain stock levels of accepted waste at the facility.
Your main duties will be to:
- Ensure waste is appropriately stored in accordance to the relevant guidelines for each type of waste.
- Sampling and supplying accepted waste to internal labs for further analysis or confirm suitability for acceptance.
- Provide outgoing disposal lists of material.
- Liaise with suppliers and achieve best disposal rates and maximize profitability.
- Liaise with the logistics team to maximise utilization of transport fleet.
- Support the Stock Control Manager.
- Ensure accompanying paperwork is correctly completed.
- Ensure compliance with ADR.
- Cover the duties of the Stock Control Administrator when necessary.
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- HNC or Degree level qualification in Chemistry or a related field.
- Experience in the hazardous waste sector
- Knowledge of hazardous waste regulations and the Heath & Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999.
- Experience working to HSG51 and HSG 71 storage specifications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
You will be entitled to 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme, life assurance and a cycle to work scheme.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55183 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55183
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 2nd March 2023
- Expires: 30th March 2023