SRG is thrilled to be working with this highly innovative drug discovery biotech to support their search for a Laboratory Manager to manage the day-to-day operations. Our client develops novel first-in-class small molecule drugs for oncology and are already progressing their first clinical candidate to human trials very soon. As the Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for the daily running of the lab space and equipment while upholding Health and Safety Standards.
- Manage and maintain lab equipment, while ensuring relevant service contracts are in place at the appropriate level for each piece of equipment in the labs.
- Keep an inventory management system of laboratory consumables and maintain stock levels.
- Sample management and maintaining freezer inventory.
- Take responsibility for shipping biological samples and other materials to contract research organisations and other collaborators.
- Supervise health and safety aspects of the laboratories, including management of COSHH and Risk Assessment forms.
- Ensure the effective operation of the laboratories waste management systems.
- Keep a log of suggestions to improve processes in the lab and arrange regular lab user's meetings.
Qualifications & skills required:
- Previous experience in a similar laboratory manager role
- Highly organised and proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and/or a database tool
- Some level of inventory management would be an advantage
- Experience with 5S, Lean or implementing Kanban systems would also be advantageous.
In return, our client can offer a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and successful team in Cambridge and excellent career development.
If you are interested in discussing the role further, then please reach out to me at / 02039379660
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH125836
- Posted: 24th February 2023
- Expires: 24th March 2023