A multinational environmental consultancy is looking for an Analytical Chemist to join its brand-new, state-of-the-art facility in Bedford. You will be working within the analytical development laboratory operating GC/MS systems, ensuring results are completed to agreed deadlines and preparing samples and solutions for testing purposes. You will require a chemistry-based degree and GC/MS experience within a commercial laboratory environment.
- Follow established procedures to perform trace organic analysis on a wide range of samples/matrices
- Operate GC-MS and GC-MS/MS systems, ensuring results are completed to agreed deadlines together with other laboratory equipment, as required
- Take responsibility for managing your own analytical workload which will include working with extraction staff within the laboratory to ensure samples are prepared for analysis according to customer requirements
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of GC-MS instrumentation and analytical equipment
- Prepare samples, solutions, and reagents following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Process and interprets analytical results for entry onto LIMS
- Chemistry-based degree, or similar subject
- Experience working within an accredited analytical testing laboratory
- A solid background and experience in the use of GC/MS
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels within an organisation
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7577
- Posted: 24th February 2023
- Expires: 24th March 2023