CK Clinical are recruiting for a Head of Preclinical Development to join a well backed biotechnology company developing a portfolio of Autoimmune and Anti-Viral therapies. This will be a fully on-site role in the Scottish central-belt.
As Head of Preclinical Development you will be a senior member of the scientific team and a highly motivated preclinical scientist with a strong background in immunology to help propel novel therapeutic proteins from discovery to the clinic. A focus on detail and quality are important for this role. Strong communication skills and adaptability are also requirements for this position.
Key duties will include:
- Design of in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies to generate efficacy and safety data.
- Leading a team performing preclinical assays to support the regulatory submission of therapeutic proteins.
- Development and performance of assays to measure therapeutic protein pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Development of flow cytometric and immunoassays for the characterisation of animal and patient samples.
- Working with external contractors and consultants on outsourced pre-clinical studies. Technology transfer of assays to external contractors.
- Preparation of preclinical documentation to support regulatory submissions.
As Head of Preclinical Development you will require:
- PhD in Immunology or a related subject.
- Experienced with human and animal immune disease models.
- Hands-on experience of multi-colour flow cytometry, ELISA and qRT-PCR.
- Experience in the preparation of preclinical documentation to support regulatory submissions.
Salary around £120-150,000 per annum, plus significant stock.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 55020 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55020
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 25th January 2023
- Expires: 22nd February 2023