Are you an experienced Toxicology Section Head looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Section Head Toxicology to join a leading CRO based in Scotland.
As the Section Head Toxicology you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the scientists and resources within toxicology. The role incorporates line management, responsibility for health and safety, research output and quality (both to comply with GLP guidelines and to ensure quality control of routine assays in the section).
You will also have significant interaction with other parts of the business, particularly the Research Leaders and Site Directors, to ensure the effective and consistent day-to-day running of the section across the organisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Section Head Toxicology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the focal point for toxicology, displaying the confidence, commitment and positive attitude required to engage others and drive them to succeed and achieve in their day-to-day activities so that the section's output is maximised.
2. As the Section Head Toxicology, you will champion all quality aspects of GLP compliance and ensure quality control is fundamental in all assays to ensure reproducible tests with reference to acceptance criteria incorporated at validation.
3. In conjunction with other business functions, you will be responsible for the delivery of appropriate training to develop scientists within their section and ensuring all members of the team are effectively developed and managed.
4. As Section Head, you also be working closely with procurement to monitor consumable use and ensure the most cost effective suppliers as well as actively engage with the HSE Officer and take responsibility for the H&S within the toxicology section.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Section Head Toxicology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Biology (or related Life Science degree) or a BSc/MSc with extensive, relevant toxicology laboratory experience is essential for this role.
2. You will also need to have had experience managing a team, including direct reports and carrying out 1:1 meetings.
3. Be pro-active problem solving in both science and business.
Key Words: Section Head | Toxicology | Toxicologist | Team Leader | Pharmacology | Life Science | Pharmaceutical | Drug Discovery
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5637357
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 23rd January 2023
- Expires: 20th February 2023