Job title: Shift Analyst
Salary: up to £18 per hour
Contract length: 12 months
- Carry out routine analysis of final, process control, experimental and effluent samples using a wide range of analytical techniques whilst ensuring that the data produced meets both business and HSEQ compliance requirements
- Plan own workload ensuring that sample lead-times are met and foresee, communicate and resolve potential priority conflicts as they arise
- To highlight trends in analytical data and bring these to the attention of QC Team Leader and Production Chemists in a timely manner
- Carry out first line trouble shooting and resolution of analytical problems so that a reliable service is restored as rapidly as possible. Where this is not possible then the issue should be escalated to the next technical level
- Provide first line analytical support to satellite plant laboratories as required
- Carry out non-routine analysis or non-routine/development work with direction from the QC Team Leader
- Carry out tanker sampling and analysis (subject to authorisation)
- Ensure that supporting standard work is carried out to ensure smooth running of the laboratory, e.g. calibration of equipment, stores ordering, etc.
- Help to train new and junior members of staff as directed by the QC team leader
- Follow laboratory procedures to ensure that work is carried out safely and that satisfactory hygiene/ housekeeping standards are maintained
- Perform, record and report all analysis in accordance with the established quality system
- Monitor the performance of analytical equipment and methods and assess the fitness of analytical results
- Under the direction of the Duty Manager, perform supporting administrative duties during incident management situations
- Practical experience of a wide variety of analytical laboratory techniques, inc. complex organic samples and routine environmental liquid effluents.
- Ability to work shifts
- Knowledge of a wide variety of analytical laboratory skills
- IT literate
- Team working/ meeting skills
- Qualification to a minimum of a related science based HNC or NVQ equivalent, degree preferred.
- Sufficient industrial experience would supersede stated qualifications.
If you would like more information on how to apply, please email Rabia on
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH124046
- Posted: 19th January 2023
- Expires: 16th February 2023