We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the maintenance engineer you will be responsible for undertaking the day to day mechanical, electrical engineering & facilities management activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Maintenance Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To partake in the facilities and engineering area quality compliance systems and ongoing improvement in quality performance and right first-time culture. This will be in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company standards, procedures and systems regarding relevant cGMP and Quality Systems in the workplace.
2.Work to Good Engineering Practices (GEP) within the Maintenance Engineering department, including regularly engineering standards, housekeeping, adherence to business processes, and both GMP and Safety risks.
3. To ensure the availability and reliability of building utilities, services and manufacturing equipment for the operational areas in order they can achieve the plans to satisfy collaborator requirements. This will be achieved through the alignment and provision of facility and engineering resource in accordance with the business plan.
4.The delivery of the Engineering Maintenance Strategy in a safe, quality-focussed and cost-effective manner. Specifically, to undertake a Preventive and Predictive maintenance strategy for all of the assets on site Practices (GEP) within the Maintenance Engineering department, including regularly engineering standards, housekeeping, adherence to business processes, and both GMP and Safety risks.
5.Ensure full compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation, including Statutory Regulations, Risk Assessments and Method Statements, Contractor Control, Fire Regulations and all other applicable legislation. Partake in the Fire Safety regime including fire evacuation and training for all onsite staff
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Maintenance Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering - City & Guilds / NVQ or similar and minimum 5 years' proven experience in a similar role(s)
2. Proven industry experience in managing contractor teams and staff. Experienced in first line diagnostics in M & E systems and experienced in PPM systems.
3. Experience of working within a GMP Engineering/Facilities management team in a phase III / commercial biologicals, vaccines, cell or gene therapies, pharmaceutical manufacturing facility ideally within a large multifunctional site.
4. Proven knowledge of EU/MHRA/HTA/HFEA and FDA regulatory requirements. Proven knowledge of Environmental and Health and Safety legislation within the pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical industry
Key Words: GEP | Engineering | Biopharmaceutical | GMP | Mechanical | Electrical
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5637000
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 19th January 2023
- Expires: 16th February 2023