Cranleigh STEM is working with an innovative organisation that specialises in developing, designing, and manufacturing processing systems for polymer fibre applications within the biomedical, medical devices, textile, and other technical sectors.
Our client is looking to appoint a process & product development manager to lead its R&D and process activities alongside creating new business opportunities and managing existing customer accounts ranging from academic institutions to multinational corporations.
This role will also involve frequent overseas travel, working closely with suppliers, customers, sales, and operations teams to develop and support equipment sales.
This position would suit candidates who are qualified to degree level in an engineering or science subject and who are able to demonstrate a history of successful R&D achievement in a field with scientific, process or engineering content.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the programme of Process and Product Development within the company with the primary aim of creating business opportunities for the company.
- Managing a prioritised schedule of process development trials and assigning the R&D team to lead specific trials.
- Overseeing communications with customers, preparing proposals and charges for trials, keeping them informed of progress and delivering the agreed outputs.
- Directing detailed and complex process investigations: designing experiments, analysing the data, and checking the quality and accuracy of the output.
- Developing and improving the company's processing technologies through the expansion of expertise and understanding of current technologies and the introduction and development of new processes and techniques.
Skills, qualifications, and requirements:
- Some familiarity with fibre extrusion or polymer spinning processes and experience in the medical devices and/or high-tech textile industries.
- Qualified to degree level in an engineering or science subject.
- An enthusiastic approach to process and product development with the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a clear and accurate manner.
- Experience in a relevant technical/scientific / engineering environment.
- Proven experience dealing with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups.
- An ability to drive common objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: Company pension, private medical insurance, bonus, flexible working, 25 Days holiday + banks.
Role: Full-time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 8593
- Posted: 18th January 2023
- Expires: 15th February 2023