A speciality chemical company is looking for a Graduate Laboratory Technician to join their development team. You will be testing raw materials and samples, following procedures, and inputting data and will also be supporting the development of new products and the maintenance of existing products.
The successful candidate will hold a chemistry degree and possess strong communication and teamwork skills.
To develop new products for use in the aqueous inks market that are aligned with the company strategy. This will involve developing and maintaining application testing protocols; maintenance and SOP development of equipment
The successful candidate will work, as part of a laboratory-based team, on the support and maintenance of existing products and SOPs and will also be expected to carry out a range of daily tasks in the laboratory as required.
Define the necessary development and implementation of jetting assessments on selected hardware platforms and develop a full understanding of printheads and formulation effects to improve ink performance in the target application.
- Product Development - Development of new products as well as maintenance of profitable new products to meet business requirements to agreed deadlines and timescales.
- Working closely with other technicians, chemists and project leaders on the formulation and research of new and existing products.
- Application of own scientific knowledge in problem-solving situations
- Provide updates on project progress, including regular communication with project leaders
- Technical Support - Provides technical advice, guidance & support maintaining laboratory processes, equipment and resolution of customer issues.
- Product Compliance - Meets required Production, Quality, EHS & Regulatory policies when formulating new products and maintaining existing products.
- Safety Commitment - Ensuring the Safety of Self and Others
- Practical working knowledge in a relevant formulating laboratory environment, preferably aqueous is desirable
- Qualified to a degree level in chemistry.
- Competent in the use of MSOffice (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to devise test methods, analyse results and disseminate them in a professional and effective way
- Strong team player
- Ambitious and willing to learn
- Hold a strong can-do-attitude
Benefits: 26 Days Holiday + Banks - Company pension - Cycle to Work scheme - Flexible working - Further training opportunities - Access to discounts and savings
Location: Midsomer Norton
Role: Permanent, Full time
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7595
- Posted: 17th January 2023
- Expires: 14th February 2023