Chloe Merrill is recruiting for a Scientist to join an established biotech company that are a leading innovator in therapeutic antibody discovery.
This role suits a scientist with some experience of scientific experimental design and execution in the field of protein-protein interaction. You will work alongside colleagues on partnered discovery campaigns to generate novel biotherapeutics to treat serious diseases. You will carry out technical work to support our projects, dependent on the specific requirements of the program. You will work under the direction of more senior colleagues but will soon be able to work effectively without close supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- A combination of following established processes and methods to a high level of accuracy and planning experiments independently, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Perform antibody or scaffold protein selections using CIS Display or phage display.
- Run pre-programmed procedures on liquid handling and colony picking robots.
- Independently operate one or more complex lab equipment/robots.
- Sequence analysis, and antibody sequence analysis in particular.
- Express proteins from E. coli and analyse their quality using SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and size exclusion chromatography.
- Having recently graduated with a PhD in a Life Sciences subject or equivalent work experience, you are excited about a career in biotech and ready to accelerate your learning in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- You are ?outcomes focused?, and able to prioritise your work to meet deadlines. You have good organisational skills and communicate proactively.
- You are an enthusiastic scientist who can work independently but who is also a good team player. You relish a challenge and are thoughtful and proactive in seeking solutions for difficult problems.
- You are conscientious and observant, and this includes working to create a safe and efficient working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54876 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54876
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 16th January 2023
- Expires: 13th February 2023