CK Group are currently recruiting for a Production Chemist to join a Leading quantum-dot and nanomaterial development organisation at their site in Cheshire on a full time, permanent basis.
This role offers a salary of £20,000-£25,000 DOE.
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
- Bonus scheme
Working closely with the Manufacturing and Research teams alongside a small team of production chemists and production technicians, you will be expected to produce materials to meet the production plan; following procedures to meet operating requirements and quality constraints; optimise costs and following production protocols to meet agreed product specifications.
- Safe handling of hazardous chemicals in significant quantities
- Assist in drafting batch sheets and hazard assessments
- Work to consistent batch production and elimination of variability
- Carry out analysis, document results and identify any problems
- Carry out regular cleaning, inspection and maintenance tasks
- Synthesis of nanoparticle materials following existing protocols and using air-sensitive techniques
- Perform routine characterisation of precursors, intermediates and final products including
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Chemistry degree or equivalent
- Good practical skills for handling larger quantities of hazardous chemicals
- Good practical skills for operating manual and automated equipment
- Excellent communication skills including IT literacy
- Ability to work flexibly in a small team, with minimum supervision
- Ability to plan and organise own work
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54967 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54967
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 16th January 2023
- Expires: 13th February 2023