Laboratory Supervisor of a Microbiology Laboratory required in Merseyside on a permanent contract. Requiring experience of microbiological testing food and/or water samples, and ideally with a years' experience of supervising a laboratory.
Title: Laboratory Supervisor - Microbiology
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a highly successful company that do contract testing of food and water samples. They are now looking to hire a Laboratory Supervisor for their Microbiology laboratory based in Merseyside. This role involves supervising organising the daily duties of Microbiologists, Technicians and assistants, as well as processing samples to schedule and ensuring all relevant laboratory paperwork is correctly completed. This is a great opportunity for Microbiologists with 1 years+ experience of supervising laboratories to continue their career with a highly successful company.
Working hours: 37 hours per week with 8-hour day shifts and weekend work required. Benefits include company pension, on-site parking.
Role / Description
- Organising the daily duties of microbiologists, technicians, and assistants after liaison with the Head of Microbiology
- Supervision of microbiologists, technicians and lab assistants
- Sample processing (reading plates, confirmations)
- Assist with ensuring the quality control samples are processed (IQC/EQA) as per schedules
- Ensure daily checks are maintained e.g., temperature checks
- Reporting of results
- Liaise with clients when required (e.g., provide specialist knowledge when requested)
- Assist with authorisation of reports
- Provide information to the Head of Microbiology to ensure stock levels are maintained
- Ensure all relevant laboratory paperwork is correctly completed (traceability paperwork)
- Ensure the laboratory continues to operate to the requirement of ISO17025
- Accept, in the absence of the Head of Microbiology, overall responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the laboratory
- Assist the Head of Microbiology in validating new methods in order to add them to the laboratory's schedule of accreditation
- Assist with calibration of equipment according to the schedule
- Assist with ensuring internal audits are completed in a timely manner according to the schedule
- Completion of additional tasks not listed above at the request of the Head of Microbiology
- Degree in Microbiology (or similar subject)
- Proven industrial experience of food/water microbiological testing
- 1 years+ experience of supervising a microbiology laboratory
- Knowledge and/or working experience of ISO17025
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced analyst to join a fast-paced team in a thriving industry.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:microbiology, microbiologist, food, water, samples, sample processing, contract testing, supervisor, supervision, ISO 17025, plate reading, plate confirmations
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH123647
- Posted: 15th January 2023
- Expires: 12th February 2023