CK Group are recruiting for a Molecular Biology Team Leader to join a leading engineering biology consultancy, to be based at their site in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
About the Company:
Our client is a world class engineering biology company with an extensive range of proprietary enabling technologies in microbial strain and mammalian cell-line engineering, protein production, fermentation and bioprocess development. Their cell platforms underpin competitive bioprocesses implemented worldwide by their customers and collaborative partners to manufacture (bio)pharmaceuticals, enzymes, chemicals, consumer products and sustainable fuels.
About the Role:
The main purpose of this position is to take a lead role in developing and delivering bioprocesses on an established customer project. You will work collaboratively in the Molecular Biology laboratory, line manage colleagues and lead by example as a senior member of the department. You will project manage customer programmes and multitask to reach tight project deadlines, interfacing between Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of client projects.
- Experimental design and process optimisation of bioprocesses.
- Presenting experimental findings and writing reports.
- Line manage colleagues
- Generating new ideas and delivering innovative approaches to increase workplace productivity.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- A PhD in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Industrial Biotechnology or similar
- Proven ability to guide all aspects of line and project management
- Experience of strain engineering to develop bio-synthetic routes
- Experience of molecular biology / genetic engineering / metabolic engineering
- Excellent biochemistry knowledge and the ability to apply this to strain design processes
- Basic understanding of analytical methods e.g. HPLC / GC / LC-MS
- Experience working under a Quality Management System
- Experience handling microbial hosts (e.g. Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas putida, Bacillus subtilis, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of standard bioinformatics software packages
The successful candidate will be embedded within a dynamic, sociable team in a lab-based role with flexible working hours. This position will be based at brand new facilities at the Roslin Innovation Centre where there are regular bus links to the City Centre, free on-site parking, an on-site gym and several on-site cafes ? the perfect setting to meet colleagues over a coffee in view of the Pentland Hills.
Our client offers a range of employee benefits, which include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Profit sharing schemes.
- Health Expenses cover.
- Life Insurance.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54972 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54972
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 12th January 2023
- Expires: 9th February 2023