Would you like to work on mechanical and electrical maintenance of pharmaceutical production lines for a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company?
Within this Multi Skilled Technician role, you will work within the engineering team to carry out the completion of maintenance, calibration, repairs, set-up of production and utility equipment within the scope of the Engineering Department with due regard to all relevant regulations, guidelines, and practices including GMP. You will be working with members of the engineering, Production, QA and Planning. Support and determine the correct course of action during reactive and planned maintenance activities and give technical support to the manufacturing team to ensure correct decisions are made to reduce any risk to manufacturing activities.
Please note: This role is working a 24/7 shift pattern or double days only.
· Completion of maintenance, calibration, repairs, set-up of production and utility equipment ensuring all relevant guidelines and practices. Ensure that all activities are completed in a timely manner including all associated paperwork complying with engineering and production schedules.
· Be able to work under pressure in sometimes complex conditions / scenarios / environments to provide a methodical and calm approach to problem solving; by taking the lead and coordinating the engineering resource accordingly to provide an effective and efficient resolution to any problems presented.
· Participate in shift handovers documenting important information and communicating to the relevant people.
· Ensure the maintenance and use of regulatory and non-regulatory documentation (i.e., work orders, calibration records, equipment logbooks etc.) for all aspects of the job, are undertaken with a right first-time approach.
· Take responsibility for own training records and development records to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to key performance indicators.
· Provide engineering technical support to other departments, such as Capital Projects and QA as and when required.
· Drive continuous improvement in all engineering processes and procedures through knowledge, innovation, and teamwork. Including but not limited to updating BEMPS, SOP’s, critical spare parts holding, reliability program improvements, fault finding and root cause analysis.
· Adhere to safe working practices in accordance with current legislation and requirements and ensure work is organised through H&S policies, guidelines, Risk Assessments, Method statements, Permits and safe systems of work.
· Ensure that parts and equipment comply with the required quality standards within the pharmaceutical and GMP environment.
· Make technical decisions relating to engineering tasks and their impact on Operations, seeking guidance where necessary.
· Previous experience working on Utilities such as: Sterile Steam Systems, Purified and Sterile Water Systems, Clean Room Environments, HVAC systems, Building Management Systems or Process Equipment such as Filling line equipment, Clean in place systems, Filtration and Chromatography Units, Centrifugation Systems, Packaging lines
· Ability to perform Engineering and Maintenance activities to a high standard on Pharmaceutical and associated equipment
· Experience with CMMS systems such as Maximo
· HNC or equivalent formal qualification in main discipline
· Formal qualifications for statutory requirements such as B&P, L8, 17th ED
· Experience within the following industries: Food/Brewery/Dairy/Petrochemical
If this role is of interest please apply or contact Will Hay on 01189952209 or via email at Will.Hay@cpl.com
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2210-503187
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 12th January 2023
- Expires: 9th February 2023