Hyper Recruitment Solutions have partnered with an exciting and new, data driven, start-up Biotechnology company based in South Cambridgeshire. We have partnered with this Cancer Research Biotechnology company to grow their new Target Validation Team. As the Scientist - Target Validation you will be responsible for the validation of cancer therapeutic targets identified through state-of-the-art AI data analysis of integrated experimental data sets.
Though early on, this start-up company has developed a platform from 10 years+ research into data mining cancer targets and is using this propriety technology to expedite the Drug Discovery research and have the aim move into clinical trails in the next two years!!!
This position would suit a current Target Validation Scientist who is looking for a fast-paced company where your ideas are listened to and where you have an opportunity to work closely with the business leaders to define company strategy.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientist - Target Validation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Support Target Validation projects focused on investigating and researching data driven hypotheses around potential Cancer Targets for both combination therapies and novel Oncology Therapeutics.
2. Design, develop and execute Cell Biology experiments to validate identified targets as well as support the discovery of novel targets.
3. Have the opportunity to in-put your ideas and have them listened to by company leaders and founders. You will have full visibility to the company strategy and will be apart of the round table discussions to identify novel targets.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist - Target Validation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biological discipline (Biology, Cancer Research, Drug Discovery, Biotechnology etc.) in addition to previous experience of working in a Drug Discovery environment, ideally with a focus on Target Identification, Target Discovery, Target Validation and/or Target Screening environment.
2. Proven industry experience working on Target Validation Projects. Cell Biology experience (Cell Culture; Plate-based Assays, Cell Line Development, CRISPR etc.) is required.
3. Show ambition and drive as well as an understanding and desire to work in an early phase start-up Biotech where you understand the needs and possible pressures of a fast moving, patient focused Drug Discovery company.
Key Words: Drug Discovery | Target ID | Target Identification | Target Discovery | Target Validation | Target Screening | CRISPR Screening | High Through Put Screening | Cell biology | Cancer Biology | Oncology | Platform Development | Cell Culture | Assay Development | Scientist | Senior Scientist
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5637444
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 11th January 2023
- Expires: 8th February 2023