CK Group are recruiting for a Masters qualified Chemist to join a technology company at their site based near Runcorn on a full time, permanent basis.
As part of their continued expansion, our client seeks a highly capable chemistry-oriented Scientist to join their dynamic and innovative team. Based at their state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, the successful applicant will work closely with technical service and customer success functions to plan and deliver on experimental programmes, which are driven by customer requirements. As a Scientist in a collaborative and multidisciplinary team the Scientist will have the opportunity to grow from a technical point of view and as a professional.
The Scientist will be active across multiple projects and engage with a variety of project teams. You will develop performance enhancing coating formulations for use in a wide variety of industrial sectors around the world. This role involves both R&D and some testing and analysis. The company offers a salary of £24,000-£30,000 per annum depending on experience, as well as 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company share option scheme membership, and pension.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, conduct and interpret experimental trials or development programmes
- Contribute towards project planning
- Prepare / draft technical documents and presentations
- Maintain excellent and detailed experimental records
- Actively develop knowledge of membrane filtration technologies
- Complete or contribute towards COSHH, risk assessment or other HSE documentation
- Contribute towards to maintenance of lab equipment and general cleanliness
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A Masters Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a related subject
- Demonstrable laboratory experience and the ability to critically assess data
- Some knowledge of membrane filtration processes in the water sector would be beneficial
- Experience of the product development process
- Excellent communicator who engages well with others
- The ability to foster a collaborative and engaging work environment
- A full UK driving licence ? essential
- Willingness to travel, both internationally and within the UK when required ? essential
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54866 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54866
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 10th January 2023
- Expires: 7th February 2023