Are you an experienced associate scientist in process development, looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for an Associate Scientist - Process Development to join a growing cell & gene therapy company based in Edinburgh.
As the Associate Scientist - Process Development you will play a supporting role in applying your scientific knowledge and technical expertise to develop stem cell culture processes and associated analytical assays.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Scientist - Process Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Working with a team of scientists, you will plan, execute and record experiments in electronics laboratory notebooks across a range of process development projects from academic and industrial settings.
2. You will be responsible for executing agreed research independently with minimal supervision and responsible for supporting research based manufacturing processes, e.g. to scalable manufacturing protocols.
3. As the Associate Scientist - Process Development, you will record and analyse raw data, and communicate results to internal project teams as well as external clients and collaborators. This will include using scientific reports as appropriate.
4. Additionally, you will produce protocols to allow technology transfer both internally and externally, whilst maintaining high standards of laboratory practices in all activities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Scientist - Process Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc in Life Science, Biotechnology or relevant degree and ideally in an area relevant to immune/stem cell processing. A degree and experience working within an appropriate environment focused to immune/stem cell processing is essential for this position.
2. Proven practical experience within cell culture with induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) is also essential for this role as an Associate Scientist. This includes upstream and/or downstream cell processing or cell characterisation methodologies.
3. Any additional experience in cell culture with immune cells (lymphocytes, PBMCs, dendritic cells) or other clinically relevant cell types (e.g. CD34+, MSCs), cell isolation or cell purification would be highly advantageous.
Key Words: Associate Scientist | Process Development | Life Science | Biotechnology | Stem Cells | Cell Culture | Immune Cell | Cell and Gene Therapy
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5637429
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 5th January 2023
- Expires: 2nd February 2023