An internationally renowned chemical business based in Berkshire is currently recruiting for an R&D Engineer to join its world-class tribology team on a permanent basis. As R&D Engineer, you will undertake essential research into the science behind their current portfolio of products - using engineering and chemistry expertise to develop new tribology tests.
This role will be reporting directly to their US facility, so a strong communicator coupled with a solid academic foundation in Chemistry is essential.
R&D Engineer responsibilities
- Design approach, test plans, and milestones through to project completion.
- Evaluate and interpret data, performance, and deliverables. Provide recommendations to R&D and project leaders regarding results, deliverables, progress, and challenges. Identify and eliminate hurdles to successful project completion.
- Complete complex bench and rig testing plans, in-depth engineering analysis and interpretation, and provide a detailed and accurate test report to the customer in a timely manner. Evaluate all test/project data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and reasonability of conclusions.
- Complete collation of data, final interpretation, and written test reports. Consult with the customer as necessary to review, present and explain results, offer insight and analytical perspective, and ensure that project goals are being met.
- Engage with assigned teams and cross-functional stakeholders, to assist in determining future direction.
- Lead or direct special research projects independently. Oversee technical activities and/or supervise technical team members assigned to the project.
- Monitor developments in internal and external technologies and related business opportunities, recommending new R&D initiatives/directions to management.
- Participate in IP activities as required, including competitor reviews, freedom to practice assessments, patent filings, invention disclosures, etc.
R&D Engineer requirements
- PhD level qualification in Chemistry, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. MSc will be considered if you bring relevant industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of chemistry and engineering principles - this can be gained through academic research.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Excellent administrative and organisational competencies.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box - have a commercial understanding behind your work and initiative to communicate with cross-functional divisions.
£Comp + final salary pension + shares
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7438
- Posted: 5th January 2023
- Expires: 2nd February 2023