We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Biophysical Characterisation to join a leading Global Biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Biophysical Characterisation you will be responsible for the Analytical testing of novel pre-clinical Biopharmaceuticals.
This role would suit a Protein Scientist or Chemist with experience of developing and using Biophysical techniques to assess protein:protein interactions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Biophysical Characterisation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Independently design, set-up and run analytical tests to characterise novel Biopharmaceutical products at pre-clinical phase with a focus on Biophysical analysis to assess protein to protein interactions.
2. Support and lead method development activities to ensure the Biophysical Analytical methods are fit for purpose.
3. You will develop and use techniques such as, but not limited to: DLS, Scanning Calorimetry, Rheometry, SPR and HPLC
4. You will also have the opportunity to author experimental protocols, support High-throughput automation embedding and contribute to the analytical research capabilities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Biophysical Characterisation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Biophysics or similar related field (Protein Sciences, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry etc.), ideally in addition to industry experience.
2. Proven experience with analytical characterisation of Proteins, Antibodies or similar Biological products. Techniques include HPLC, Dynamic Light Scattering, Surface Plasmon Resonance, Calorimetry, Infrared microscopy, Spectroscopy etc.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with protein Biochemistry where you have a technical understanding of secondary, tertiary and quaternary protein structures.
Key Words: Biopharmaceutical | Biologics | Antibody | Recombinant Protein | Analysis | Analytical Testing | Analytical Development | Analytical Chemist | Biophysics | Biophysical | SPR | DLS | Calorimetry | Spectroscopy | HPLC | Protein:Protein | Protein to Protein |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5637402
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 4th January 2023
- Expires: 1st February 2023