CK Group are recruiting for a Scientist - Upstream Processing to join a global pharmaceutical company, based in Slough on a contract basis initially for 12 months.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on creating value for people living with severe diseases in immunology and neurology now and into the future.
Slough. This is one of three global discovery research centres that include a state-of-the art pre-manufacturing tech-ops scale up facility and R&D.
As a PAYE employee you will benefit from:
- Weekly/monthly payroll options
- Timesheet system
- Bike schemes
Scientist - Upstream Processing Role:
- Support gene therapy programs by helping to build internal plasmid process development knowledge and develop new processes, solve new challenges and further develop and optimize existing processes.
- Perform microbial process development experiments for the development of new and improvement of existing processes while working with equipment at shake flask, ambr250, 5L and 200L scales.
- Identifying scale-up challenges and developing robust processes for tech transfer to manufacturing scale.
- Authoring, reviewing, and updating internal procedures and documents
- Educated to degree level or above in Life Sciences or a related field.
- Previous experience in an upstream processing role and expertise in the running of lab and pilot scale microbial processes.
- The ability to design and perform process development experiments as well as excellent data interpretation, drawing of conclusions and proposals for further work.
- A sound understanding of E.coli physiology is preferred.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54911 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54911
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 3rd January 2023
- Expires: 31st January 2023