CK Group are currently seeking a talented and highly experienced Scientist to take on a Head of Research with an early-stage innovative biotech in London. The successful candidate will have an understanding of protein or antibody-based medicines, as you will lead in driving forward the R&D of oral biologic medicines. This role will be onsite in central London on a permanent basis, with some flexibility of hybrid working.
Our client are experts in the development of oral biologics, offering a range of platforms for targeted delivery of biologics to the GI tract.
The Role and responsibilities:
- Contributing to our clients R&D and business growth strategy planning
- Bringing your expertise in structural understanding of peptide, protein or antibody-based medicines and combining it with the complex GI physiological barriers
- To manage pre-clinical programs and lead a small team of enthusiastic scientists
- Presenting at global conferences and forming new collaboration opportunities with both academia and industry.
- PhD degree in life sciences, or equivalent coupled with expertise in understanding peptide, proteins or antibody structural and functional stability including knowledge of relevant analytical techniques.
- Experienced in biologic formulation strategies to target drug to specific tissues.
- Understanding of translational in-vivo models of inflammation/immunology, including GI inflammation (DESIRABLE).
- Understanding of gastrointestinal physiology and barriers to drug delivery would be highly desirable.
Bonus scheme, pension and healthcare and share options
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54910 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54910
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 3rd January 2023
- Expires: 31st January 2023