An exciting opportunity has arisen for a well-established organization based in the East Anglia area. Our client deliver their expertise and knowledge of toxicology, product safety, and risk assessment principles, as well as the regulatory approval processes that govern products that touch a vast range of industries (including: Chemicals such as Agri & Pesticides), Cosmetics & Personal Care, Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability, Food, Supplements & Animal Nutrition, Food Contact, Global Restricted Substances and Pharmaceutical, Healthcare & Medical Devices in jurisdictions around the world.
As a member of the Toxicology Group, candidate will:
- Have comprehensive experience of toxicological risk assessment, preferably of consumer or formulated industrial products.
- Be able to write a critical evaluation of toxicological profiles for raw materials thoroughly evaluating any impurities
- Ideally but not essential have working knowledge of other regulatory areas including hazard classification (CLP or GHS), REACh.
- Direct and manage resources, activities and timelines to ensure that projects are effectively executed to meet client and business objectives.
- Be jointly responsible for the quality control of complex scientific projects
- For many customers you will be offering advice on formulations, warning labels and providing a one-stop-shop of toxicological and regulatory expertise.
- Act as an in-house scientific advisor on complex scientific and regulatory issues.
- Keep abreast of scientific trends and changes by participating with scientific agencies and attending scientific conferences.
Qualifications and experience
- MSc or higher degree (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline related to toxicology or significant experience in toxicology risk assessment.
- Demonstrable scientific expertise to analyse and interpret complex scientific issues within the overall field of toxicology/chemistry.
- Good IT literacy skills (MS Office)
- Extremely strong writing skills as a professional scientist
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication (verbal, written, listening and presentation) skills in fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment.
- Work is undertaken for customers across the globe, so an appreciation of cultural differences and an awareness of differing regulatory requirements is essential.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Motivated, self-starter
- Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
- Fosters integrity and honesty
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- The ability to plan and prioritise your own workload to meet agreed deadlines by staying focused and using time effectively to ensure work is completed on time with precision, pace and passion.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: BCH14
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 17th January 2023
- Expires: 14th February 2023