Scientific Senior or Principal Consultant - Discovery & Development
£32,000 - £42,000 Dependant on Experience + Bonus
Media City/WFH Hybrid role
SRG is UK's number one science recruiter and expert across Life Science, Clinical and Engineering. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Consultant to join our established Life Science team, responsible for delivering and developing the Drug Discovery & Diagnostics markets. The key purpose of this role is to develop our market share in these crucial areas further, by bringing in new business whilst delivering to our existing partners. We are looking for someone with good knowledge of discovery and development of therapeutics and/or diagnostics, so you can use this to place the best candidates in roles, spanning from bench to boardroom.
What's in it for you?
You'll be working for one of the easiest to work for recruitment brands there is - award winning and marketing leading.
Were part of Impellam Plc.Impellam is the UK's largest staffing partner - SRG has a small company feel but with the robust structure of the Plc
Hybrid working from day one - our office is near Media City
Flexible working hours
Transparent career path from day one
State of the art search tools + a data base of 1000s of candidates
Autonomy to work your way, with full support when needed
24 days holiday (rising with service) + Public holidays and option to buy and sell
Mental Well-being time
Suite of flexible benefits for you to choose from including EV Scheme
We're committed to DE&I - join us, be yourself
We're committed to CSR - if you want to give back, you'll get time off to do that
You will be:
- Attending face to face networking events, gathering market intelligence, and increasing our reach across customers in the drug discovery and diagnostics space.
- Utilising database, job boards and other appropriate resources to find candidates for vacancies.
- Engaging with customers through phone and email to build relationships.
- Fully briefing with hiring managers to understand the need whilst educating and advising on the current market.
- Working closely with the team, sharing information, job leads and candidates.
- Regular contact and timely management of client and candidate relationships to progress the recruitment process.
- Negotiating and renegotiating timescales or outcomes if needed to better manage expectations.
- Supporting candidates through the recruitment process: CV advice, interview organisation, interview preparation, provision of feedback, management of the offer process, salary negotiation, pre and post start check ins.
- Degree in a STEM subject preferred or scientific experience in industry, preferably across diagnostics or drug discovery
- Previous experience of business development across STEM is ideal
- Excellent communication skills
- Interested in people and naturally inquisitive
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Solutions focused
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: 001PC
- Posted: 25th November 2022
- Expires: 23rd December 2022