A fast-growing food manufacturing company has a new opportunity for a Development Chemist to join their team. You will be supporting the research and development program and the new product introduction pipeline of products and realising new business opportunities. To be successful you must hold a chemistry-based degree, or similar, along with several years of commercial laboratory work experience within a similar field.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Director, provide development of pipeline products to support realising new business opportunities
- Carry out process development using techniques such as distillation, CO2 fractionation, enzyme reactions, and classical organic chemistry to deliver results in accordance with agreed project objectives and timelines
- Assist with scale-up production through laboratory experimentation, pilot scale-up, and commercial trials, to deliver successful new product introduction.
- Close collaboration with the Operations and Commercial Teams as part of the commercialisation process of product development.
- Prepare timely internal technical reports detailing results and readily share information to advance cross-functional teams.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and publications on research topics of interest and new discoveries.
- Operate laboratory work ensuring compliance with the company's Health & Safety policy, Good Manufacturing Practices, and other external regulations.
- Maintain detailed records of all work done and prepare a monthly progress report as per established Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Be an active contributor to the Continuous Improvement Team (CIT) Program working to maximise potential revenue and technical performance.
- Research & develop new formulas/products, delivering customer-added value & functionality to end beverage/beer applications ensuring formulations are created to comply with relevant, US and EU flavour and beverage regulations.
- Chemistry Related Degree, or similar
- Several years of commercial laboratory working experience within a similar field
- Be an effective team player in support of all technical activities within the R&D, Applications & Education Programs as per business goals and Key Quality Attributes established.
- Maintain a positive and committed attitude
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7542
- Posted: 24th November 2022
- Expires: 22nd December 2022