Statistician - Genetic Research
Cambridge - Hybrid working
HRS are working with a Biotechnology company whose innovative technology is helping to change the lives of cancer patients. Through their ground-breaking developments in non-invasive diagnostic products, they help detect cancer at the early stage & help monitor treatment & recovery.
We are seeking a talented statistician, experienced in developing & optimising algorithms to join their research team in Cambridge, & collaborate with partners in the USA in applying statistical methodologies to large NGS genomic data sets.
This position offers the flexibility to work on a hybrid basis with occasional trips to their site in Cambridge and will be integral in furthering the understanding & efficiency of diagnostic methodologies that have the potential to greatly improve the experience & outcomes of Cancer patients.
Key duties and responsibilities:
In this position you will further the understanding and application of statistical methodologies to genomic data sets for the analysis of NGS cancer genomics data, biomarker development, innovative algorithm design to optimise diagnostic technologies. This will involve:
1. Contributing to the development of novel methodologies and algorithms for the analysis of circulating tumour DNA.
2. Developing and implementing statistical algorithms for the analysis of genomic data sets, such as variant calling, background model estimation or scoring methods.
3. Carrying out statistical / data analysis for scientific or clinical studies.
4. Developing production ready, regulatory compliant code in partnership with the software development team.
·PhD in the field of statistics, mathematics, physics or relevant mathematical subject.
·Proven experience of developing & optimising algorithms, ideally to solve biological problems.
·Good knowledge of coding / programming in Python & R.
Key Words: Biostatistics, R, Statistics, Bioinformatics, DNA, NGS, Genomic, Statistical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636489
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 23rd November 2022
- Expires: 21st December 2022