Grad Formulations Scientist needed in West Yorkshire, and must have experience working in (chemicals, scientific, etc) industry
Graduate Formulations Scientist
£23,000 - £25,000
SRG are working with a highly successful and growing company that are part of large global corporation, that have a presence in over 50 countries across the world. They specialise in the manufacture and distribution of adhesives, additives and lubricants for use in various applications ranging from automotive, construction, polymers and other speciality products. They now need a Grad Formulations Scientist to join their ever-growing technical team in West Yorkshire to support the development of new product formulations, drafting specifications documents, assisting in the meeting of project goals and timelines, have market awareness, support production and QC, have regulatory awareness and compliance, and contribute to the cultivation of motivational culture they are very proud of. You must have experience having worked in a laboratory in industry, outside of academia.
35 hours per week - Monday to Friday, with flexibility on start and finish times.
25 days holiday and plus bank holidays
Company pension, on-site gym, Simply Health healthcare, Sports & Social Club, free onsite parking, Employee Assistance Program - 365/24-7, eye test vouchers - Specsavers, holiday purchase/selling scheme up to 5 days per year
- Supporting and contributing to the development of new product formulations
- Working alongside applications chemists, production operatives, and other scientists in the development and running of plant trials of new and existing products, and supporting any investigations needed
- Physical and analytical testing of raw materials, intermediate and finished products
- Drafting specification documents
- Keeping abreast of market trends, competitor products, and a general market/ consumer awareness
- Communicate and work alongside other business functions, aiding and managing the progress of ongoing projects
- Working with strict adherence to H&S SOPS, GLP, and company regulatory, and quality standards
- Treat your team with respect, help foster the positive and motivational work culture already in place, work as part of a cohesive team, and contribute to the productivity of the team
- Degree in chemistry/ chemical engineering/ scientific field as a minimum is essential
- Experience working in industry is essential
- Industry experience in lubrication/ greases/ paints/ coatings formulation or development (e.g. emulsion development, tribology, solid emulsion development, colloidal development, etc) is ideal
- Laboratory safety and GLP quality awareness is essential
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Commercial awareness
- Awareness of REACH, ISO, NSF, etc is ideal
- Ability to work meticulously and methodically
- Willingness to learn, to engage and work as part of a team
- Must already have rights to work in the UK
- Ideally already reside in
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, laboratory, formulations, new product development, NPD, solids emulsions, tribology, colloidal emulsions, colloids, emulsions science, pickering emulsions, emulsifiers, surfactants, grease, lubricant oil, friction reduction, analysis, analytical, physical chemistry, testing, chemicals, additives, lubricants, adhesives, coatings, building materials, automotive, XRF, viscosity, density, , product testing, product development, graphite, boron nitride, molybdenum disulphide, tungsten disulfide
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH121602
- Posted: 22nd November 2022
- Expires: 20th December 2022