A world-leading chemicals business is currently recruiting a Formulation Chemist to join its R&D team on a permanent basis. This is a pivotal role within the R&D division where you will act as technical lead for customer/OEM formulations - whilst having the ability to engage with cross-functional stakeholders (business, process development, marketing).
This role will suit a degree-qualified candidate who can bring proven market experience - working in an industrial R&D laboratory.
Formulation Chemist responsibilities
- Technical lead and/or project lead for customer-specific and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) based formulations globally as directed. Visit customers / OEMs as needed.
- Performs formulation and testing activities to meet established project objectives. Effective project management.
- Participates in technical and/or project reviews and presents findings as appropriate for internal and external audiences.
- Build relationships and be the primary technical resource for formulation questions for supported OEMs.
- Engages with assigned teams and cross-functional stakeholders, such as Business, Process Development, Marketing, CTS (Customer Technical Services), Mechanical Testing, OEM Relationship Team, etc.
- Represent the company in technical conferences, societies and other industry activities. Maintain adequate level of technical expertise and self-development through study, seminars, etc.
- Provide strategic insight for OEM opportunities.
- Promote Afton's culture, values, quality, and safety principles.
Formulation Chemist requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related - PhD level would be preferred.
- Strong level of knowledge and understanding in formulation chemistry - ideally from chemicals, lubricants, coatings, or similar industries.
- Understanding of applicable chemistry principles and application in an R&D environment.
- Creative thinking and planning - Ability to identify additive approaches/formulations to meet customer needs.
- Relationships: Ability to network, build, and nurture relationships.
- Able to travel as required with up to 25% domestic and/or international travel at times
In return, the company can provide an excellent opportunity to progress your career professionally coupled with a very competitive package. £Comp + final salary pension scheme + shares + healthcare
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7520
- Posted: 22nd November 2022
- Expires: 20th December 2022