An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Process &Technical Engineer to join a well-established organisation based in the Alton Hampshire area.
The successful candidate will provide expertise, technical support and practical assistance to the project teams and clients.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Engineering or science degree, HND or equivalent
- Minimum 3 -years postgraduate experience in a project engineering, technical sales/support or applications/R&D role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
- Experience within the UK water industry is a distinct advantage.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects or initiatives simultaneously.
- Advanced MS Office skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate data sets.
- Report writing skills.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver data in a user friendly and relevant manner.
- Organisational skills with a commitment to the role and a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to travel nationwide (including overnight stays) such as headquarters in Ireland as and when required.
- Full driving licence, any existing endorsements should be declared in the application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical Applications:
- Supporting the Technical Manager in the development and specification of new solutions and technologies.
- Writing of technical responses for client queries and bid documents.
- Using past design experience to make improvements or modifications to current processes.
- Assessment of third-party technologies.
- Developing a technical offering for new market initiatives.
- Researching and presenting technical market intelligence.
- Technical report writing.
- Project Delivery Support:
- Attending project design review meetings.
- Providing local/regional assistance to project teams for site visits, meetings, etc.
- Liaising with project managers and engineers to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the project requirements and ensuring the design is to specification and prepared in a timely manner.
- Preparing process designs and adding functional elements (cooling / heating / power / waste / etc.) to the design as required.
- Preparing process documents to characterise the design from concept to completed process linking other systems and design documents.
- Management of process proving and commissioning.
- Be willing to manage or support certain low-value or local projects.
- Producing case studies of some completed projects.
- Business Development Support:
- Reviewing tender documentation to assess the plants objectives.
- Visiting client sites and meetings as part of the information gathering process.
- Providing the best possible design solution available ensuring that health, safety, quality, environmental and energy aspects are considered.
- Drafting of technical sections of proposal documents.
- Assisting with the pricing of project proposals.
- Reviewing proposals drafted by others and editing/formatting prior to submission.
- Assisting with project handovers between the Business Development and Contracts teams.
The role would suit a flexible and enthusiastic individual with an inquisitive mind and a water industry background. The Technical Engineer will need to be self-motivated, a good communicator and willing to work in a small business environment.
To apply for this position, candidates must be living in the UK and eligible to work and have driving license
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: AH20
Website: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 22nd November 2022
- Expires: 20th December 2022