CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join a leading engineering biology consultancy, to be based at their site in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
About the Company:
Our client is a world class engineering biology company with an extensive range of proprietary enabling technologies in microbial strain and mammalian cell-line engineering, protein production, fermentation and bioprocess development. Their cell platforms underpin competitive bioprocesses implemented worldwide by their customers and collaborative partners to manufacture (bio)pharmaceuticals, enzymes, chemicals, consumer products and sustainable fuels.
About the Role:
The main purpose of this position is to develop, optimise and scale-up Fermentation processes on behalf of clients. You will work collaboratively within the Fermentation Department, multitasking to reach tight project deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of client projects.
- Experimental design and process optimisation.
- Showing attention to experimental detail, and carefully recording and presenting methods and results.
- Presenting experimental findings and writing reports.
- Running, optimising and troubleshooting fermentations.
- Generating new ideas and delivering innovative approaches to increase workplace productivity.
- Fermentation Scale-up.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- Be qualified to a minimum of BSc level, and ideally PhD level in a relevant Biotechnology based subject.
- Proven experience in running, optimising and troubleshooting fermentations.
- Experience of working with multiple types of microorganisms, as well as mammalian cells would be highly beneficial for this position, although not essential.
- Experience of Fermentation Process scale-up would be beneficial, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be embedded within a dynamic, sociable team in a lab-based role with flexible working hours. This position will be based at brand new facilities at the Roslin Innovation Centre where there are regular bus links to the City Centre, free on-site parking, an on-site gym and several on-site cafes ? the perfect setting to meet colleagues over a coffee in view of the Pentland Hills.
Our client offers a range of employee benefits, which include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Profit sharing schemes.
- Health Expenses cover.
- Life Insurance.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54750 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54750
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 18th November 2022
- Expires: 16th December 2022