Cranleigh STEM is working with an innovative business that develops sustainable and high-quality biomaterials from extracted marine collagen. Their material replicates the authentic feel of leather and significantly reduces water consumption, carbon footprints, land use, and waste generated in the manufacturing process.
We are looking for a passionate senior project manager with a materials science, chemistry or engineering background who thrives on exciting projects and has an interest in sustainability and bio-based materials. You will play a key role in developing and implementing the design of new manufacturing processes from bench-top scale to pilot scale.
- Lead the process engineering transition of product manufacturing from bench-top scale to pilot scale.
- Work closely with the R&D team on formulation and process optimisation.
- Create an efficient process flow for pilot manufacturing.
- Identify and procure suitable equipment and resources needed for the scale-up studies.
- Explore and evaluate creative methods to maintain/improve material performance at a larger scale.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, suppliers, customers, and contractors to ensure the delivery of high-quality products.
- Build quality assurance protocols.
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Proven commercial experience in similar process engineering roles.
- Experience in project management and leading a small team.
- Extensive experience and solid knowledge in scale-up studies and pilot manufacturing of materials.
- Educated to degree level in process engineering, chemical engineering, materials science/engineering, chemistry or similar.
- A sound understanding of rheology would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge in organic chemistry, material characterisation and testing with experience in non-woven textile/leather manufacturing would be highly advantageous.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a strong leadership and teamwork ethic.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: Relocation allowance, Company share options, Flexible working hours, Sponsorship available.
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7570
- Posted: 17th November 2022
- Expires: 15th December 2022