Job Title: Principal Scientist (Permanent Position)
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Attractive salary + Benefits
** Please read **
The following requirements are essential for this position:
• Full right to work in the UK
• This role is a laboratory-based opportunity focused on the modelling of best practices for the development and running of a range of cell-based assays for the identification, profiling and characterisation of small molecules and antibodies.
Cpl Life Sciences is collaborating with a well-established UK research centre offering an exciting opportunity to be part of their in-house drug discovery Sample Management Team. They are focused on changing and saving lives by carrying out scientific research to help prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
The client offers a friendly and passionate working environment, supporting equality, diversity, inclusion and the well-being of their employees. They don’t only support a healthy environment, but they also provide a beautiful setting to work in with access to campus facilities such as a gym, tennis court, on-site restaurant and country walks.
This is a lab-based position primarily focused on the development and running of cellular assays to identify, profile and characterise the SAR biology of small molecules and antibodies, as well as the bespoke characterisation of their mechanism of action to inform dose prediction and clinical efficacy.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to provide strategic leadership to define and implement best practices for cell assays and data analysis. As part of their career pathway, development opportunities are offered for individuals who would like to progress across the mechanistic pharmacology department of the organization.
Looking for a strong candidate experienced in:
• Small molecules.
• Technical expertise in cell culture techniques.
• Assay development for a range of target classes.
• 8 years minimum of Research experience in a drug discovery environment.
• Academic background in biological science (BSc or MSc) PhD would be desirable but not mandatory.
• Developing and running a range of plate-based cellular assays (e.g. proliferation, ELISA, reporter, colony formation assays, imaging).
Contact/How to Learn More: To find out more information or apply, contact Kellie Saul on 0118 9522 795 or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote JO number: JO-2211-505395
The Technical Operations team at Cpl Life Sciences (previously Clinical Professionals) is a specialist division that focuses exclusively on the recruitment of Quality Assurance, Scientific and Engineering for pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, biotechnology companies, Clinical Research Organisations (CROs) and Regulatory Authorities.
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2211-505395
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 16th November 2022
- Expires: 14th December 2022