A growing biotech company requires a HR Officer to join its team. You will provide support for a wide range of office administrative and human resource functions and will act as the first point of contact for employees. Duties will include assisting with recruitment, onboarding, payroll, process improvements, compiling and maintaining employee records and ensuring the smooth operation of the HR department and general office operations.
This is an office based role, Mon-Fri.
This is a dual-function role between HR and Office Management. You will spend circa 60% on HR duties and 40% supporting Office Management.
- Maintaining and updating job descriptions.
- Assist the HR Manager with the recruitment process to include, managing the onboarding process of new starters, inductions, assisting with interviews and issuing offer letters/employee contracts, and managing all right to work and reference checks.
- Handling administrative processes in a timely and accurate manner. This includes monitoring and organizing inductions, probations, long service awards, new starters, leavers, salary changes, absence records, and terminations.
- Processing payroll and assisting with the documentation of employee compensation and benefits
- Assist the HR Manager with the integration of new procedures, processes, and systems, including the administration and maintenance of the HR system (BRIGHTHR - moving to ADP)..
- Manage the HR inbox
- HR contact for first-line queries for all employees and line managers
- Handling the administration for annually recurring processes, such as appraisals, salary increases and bonuses.
- Taking minutes in meetings as required
- Assist with absence management of employees - Monitor absences and ensure the HR Manager and hiring managers are aware of any absence triggers and that they are kept to up to date to escalate any issues.
- Assist with training and development needs required for employees
- Responsible for updating the company intranet page eg. New starters, anniversaries
- Producing monthly reports, as and when required
- Maintaining ORG charts across sites
- Deputise for the HR Manager in meetings where necessary
- Suggest process improvements within the HR Department
- Assisting with comps and benefits
- Assisting with employee relations processes
OFFICE MANAGEMENT DUTIES
- Ensure smooth running of the office environment including;
- Assisting with H&S administration
- Sourcing office equipment
- Maintaining the daily attendance board
- Monitoring stock of employee lab wear
- Support with kitchen maintenance (alongside other team members)
- Point of contact for facilities management (alongside other team members)
- Main point of contact for inbound calls and redirecting to managers as required
- Responsible for company event management including;
- Sourcing venues for staff training/conferences
- Arrange catering for special events
- Meet & Greet visitors
- Arranging travel and accommodation for visitors
- Organising lunches/dinners for visitors
- Supporting H&S Manager and HR Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required or qualified by experience
- You have at least 2 years of demonstrable work experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, , PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat required. Experience of Visio would be beneficial but not essential.
- Result-oriented, integrity, excellent attention to detail.
- Creative mind for process improvements; able to come up with new ideas and concepts that can be implemented in practice.
- Good communication skills and able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Team player and able to meet monthly deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, someone who sees opportunities, converts them into a plan of action and implements them.
- Strong HR and office administration skills.
- Planning and organization skills essential
- You can work independently, are flexible and like to think in solutions.
- Working knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- A customer focused outlook with a high level of discretion and professionalism
- Ability to work well with team members and management
- May be required to travel to other UK sites in the South East
- Working hours are 9-5 Monday - Friday, flexibility is required where necessary.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7539
- Posted: 11th November 2022
- Expires: 9th December 2022