A leading chemical company is seeking a Dispatch Coordinator to play a key role in supporting the Operational team with day-to-day activities. In this role you will coordinate the shipment of commercial and experimental samples from domestic and international manufacturing and R&D facilities. You may also be required to support the blending function as needed and assure an adequate inventory of base oils and components are maintained and available upon demand.
To be successful you should possess previous experience in a similar role, have excellent communication skills and demonstrate knowledge, experience, or aptitude for exporting hazardous material documentation, rules, and regulations.
Dispatch Coordinator Responsibilities:
- For all R&D shipments, obtain necessary air approvals from EHS. Review and classify regulated domestic and international shipments correctly and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hazardous material, shipping rules and regulations as well as the legal aspects of international shipping by attending the appropriate annual refresher courses.
- Maintain proactive contact with internal customers regarding product availability and delays in shipments. Track shipments when necessary.
- Number and record MSDS and C/As and forward to appropriate parties.
- Maintain compliance with government/OSHA regulations. Insure that import release forms are present to facilitate release of requested materials.
- Assign inventory numbers to incoming samples and notify requestor of arrival.
- Update inventory database daily and conduct physical inventory counts at prescribed intervals.
- Carry out blending process as required to meet customer and program requirements
- Assure that complete ISO documentation is maintained on all ISO or quality related activities. Participate in ISO related activities and maintain an up-to-date understanding of the ISO function.
Dispatch Coordinator Requirements:
- Ideally HNC level educated, or GCSE grade C equivalent in Math's, English and Science and a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, or aptitude for exporting hazardous material documentation, rules, and regulations.
- Forklift truck - Reach preferred, and Counterbalance licenses.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
Role: Dispatch Coordinator
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Package: £. Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: Mon - Friday (7am - 4pm)
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7538
- Posted: 11th November 2022
- Expires: 9th December 2022