A growing laboratory equipment manufacturing company requires a Laboratory Manager to join its expanding team. You will manage the production team, ensuring production schedules and targets are met. You will work with planning and customer service teams to maintain schedules and ensure stock availability. The successful candidate will require previous management / supervisory experience within a similar role and Electron Microscopy knowledge.
- Day-to-day management of the production team, ensuring production schedules and output targets are met.
- Liaise with Planning and Customer Services Managers to devise and maintain production schedule and ensure component stock availability matches the schedule.
- Work closely with the Technical Director and New Product Introduction (NPI) team to allocate the time and resources required for product development.
- Production lead for NPI meetings.
- Allocation of resources across functions to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with set standards and procedures. Bring Quality documentation up to standard and maintain SOPs, PWIs, and all related documentation.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety procedures and regulations in the Laboratory.
- Lead the Health and Safety Committee, presenting monthly Health and Safety reports to the senior management team.
- Identify problems and develop solutions across Production functions.
- Constantly and consistently up-date team, communicating changing business and KPI requirements, initiatives to be undertaken, changes to legislation, etc.
- Take the lead on facilities management, including maintenance contracts, waste management, day-to-day issues, etc.
- Proven experience working in a Laboratory management or supervisory role.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a confident polite, and efficient telephone manner.
- Able to lead by example, always demonstrating best practices, and communicating clearly regularly with colleagues throughout the business.
- Quality Management experience
- Electron Microscopy, Vacuum Coating, and/or Electroplating experience desirable but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Sage200 experience is desirable but not essential.
- Motivated individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous best practice.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
- Excellent organisational, time management, and attention to detail skills.
- Competent leader able to motivate teams, embrace change and empower employees
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7565
- Posted: 11th November 2022
- Expires: 9th December 2022