Our client manufactures a range of inorganic speciality chemicals which are sold throughout the world and has an excellent reputation for reliability and providing high quality products.
To supervise and perform R&D operations whilst implementing and maintaining a continuous improvement culture and driving change to help align our operations with world class standards.
- Act as the main point of contact for all R&D matters and provide technical support to the company on such R&D issues.
- Performs and manages R&D projects while coordinating with production and engineering teams for the timely running of the diverse trials and experiments.
- Providing support, guidance and training to members of the R&D team.
- Interpret, summarise and presents results from literature search and/or R&D experiments to management and/or project teams with the aim to lead or influence the development process.
- Pursue improvements of our overall company technical knowledge by staying current with advances in inorganic chemistry.
- Routinely participate and contribute to the drive for change to ensure that industry standards and best practices are applied to improve company operations.
- Identify techniques and technology tools needed to improve manufacturing process and new product development.
- Participate in interdisciplinary projects involving Production, Product Development, Quality, Regulatory, Finance, and Business Development.
- Responsible for coordinating with production, warehouse and engineering to ensure that scale-up trials are delivered as agreed and on schedule.
- Ensure laboratory work is carried out in compliance with Health & Safety regulations, ISO 9001 and ISO14001.
- Apart from the responsibilities highlighted, it is expected that this position will offer support to the Chief Technical Officer in other areas related to the running of the company.
Knowledge, Expertise & Skills
- Excellent communication, management & leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills. Possesses the ability to write clear and concise technical reports, presentations, and business correspondence.
- Advanced knowledge of office software (i.e. word, excel and power point).
- BSc, MSc or PhD in a chemical discipline with experience in inorganic chemistry and product/process development.
To apply for this position, candidates must be living in the UK and eligible to work
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: RSD20
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 29th November 2022
- Expires: 20th December 2022