A rare opportunity has arisen for a R & D Director to a join Research and Applications Team, based in the Cornwall area. The role combines of laboratory and office duties and management of day-to-day running of the Paper and Board R&D Team. To ensure outputs are delivered to internal and external customers on time.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc, PhD in Physical Sciences.
- Minimum ten years experience, at least five of which involve managerial experience.
- Detailed knowledge of laboratory-scale and pilot-scale papermaking and paper characterisation.
- Proven record of New Product Development.
- Experience with intellectual property, regulatory and corporate Social Responsibility aspects of project work.
- Knowledge of the markets & customers where the company products are used.
- Management of the laboratory and pilot- scale technical aspects of the company's Paper and Board area and New Product Development projects.
- To play an active role in determining the company's strategy and tactics in the paper and board area.
- To identify training and development needs of employees under direct supervision
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, execution, analysis and reporting of lab-scale and pilot-scale papermaking studies as part of both, customer acquisition projects and New Product Development projects.
- Interfacing with commercial teams, customers and others.
- Assisting IP lawyers with maintenance and growth of IP portfolio.
- Developing data in support of regulatory allowances.
- Jointly developing the company position in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and a positive attitude
- Innovative thought processes
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A professional and friendly manner
Our client offers a competitive salary and an excellent package
To apply for this position, candidates must be living in the UK and eligible to work
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: CD20
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 16th November 2022
- Expires: 14th December 2022