CK Group are recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to join our client in the chemical applications industry at their site based in Harlow, on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a specialist treatment solutions company offering their services primarily to the aerospace sector. Their treatments are for complex and intricate engineering requirements and the range includes Non-Destructive Testing, Plating, Anodising, Painting and Process Evaluation. This Health and Safety Manager will be part of the Senior Management Team reporting directly to the General Manager. Your primary role will be to provide professional support to department management and to lead on all health and safety work streams and projects, supporting the production team and the site chemist. The company offers a salary in the range of £40-45,000 depending on experience, as well as ongoing CPD training, 20 days annual leave rising to 25 days in fifth year of service, contributory pension, death in service benefit, renewal of professional memberships and more. From time to time you will be required to travel to visit customers and suppliers so some flexibility is required.
This role is located in Harlow, easily commutable from North and East London, and from locations in Essex and Hertfordshire.
Your main duties will be:
- Independent assurance audits with an emphasis on risk management
- Provide data capture in support of health and safety improvement programmes
- Supporting and directing incident Investigations to reach a timely conclusion
- Co-ordinate the risk assessment process, and assist in the review and production of risk assessments
- Carry out short training sessions on key topics
- Undertake health and safety inspections
- Identify through analysis, gaps with all relevant legislation, and industry best practice
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that procedures are followed
- Contribute to the development of emergency planning, including spills prevention
- Contribute to the implementation, measuring and monitoring of the health and safety strategy
- You will contribute to the incident reporting process, undertake investigations, and provide support to Managers
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of actively implementing health and safety - essential
- NEBOSH certificied
- IOSH member and working towards CMIOSH
- Comfortable carrying out training on H&S topics in the form of toolbox talks
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, and able to work co-operatively with others to implement process improvements
- Capable of acquiring and applying technical and regulatory information
- Good understanding and approach to risk management
- Full UK Driving Licence - essential
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference number 54460 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54460
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 23rd September 2022
- Expires: 21st October 2022