A growing biopharmaceutical company is expanding its manufacturing site and requires an experienced Process Development Chemist to join its team. You will be a part of the Technology Transfer team responsible for the planning and execution of experiments and the development of methodologies. You must have practical experience in process development and DoE.
The Process Development Chemist is responsible for: the planning and execution of experiments related to their assigned manufacturing development projects; development of methodologies and techniques necessary for the completion of the experiments; accurate record keeping; and reporting of results.
Process Development Chemists in the Technology transfer Team are responsible for the investigation and improvement of all manufacturing processes. They are also responsible for the delivery of TT batches, and the qualification of new raw materials. They also have input into root cause analysis problem solving including trial batches or scale experiments if required. They maintain accurate, scaled process models of site manufacturing. Process Development Chemists help set-up and interpret results obtained from third-party laboratories. They complete full literature (internal) reviews to ensure full data sets are understood. The role is responsible for drafting and reviewing technical reports as needed.
1. Improve the efficiency, robustness, and operability of existing products/processes
2. Conducting experimental work
3. Record keeping and report writing
4. Self-management and motivation
5. Provide process SME support for the Site
6. General lab upkeeping
7. Ordering and other administrative duties
8. Other related duties/responsibilities as required or assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc / MSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field is required
- Practical experience in organic chemistry, solid-phase organic synthesis, or polymer chemistry including process development, assay development, and running assays
- Skilled in DoE, data collection, and critical/statistical analysis.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7422
- Posted: 22nd September 2022
- Expires: 20th October 2022