CK Group are recruiting for a Scientist to join a scientific company at their site based near Braintree on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is ISO9001 accredited. They require a Scientist to handle scientific investigations, data analysis and to coordinate technical support to the operations department. This role includes a diverse range of activities and so a high degree of flexibility is required so that priorities can be made and adjusted. The role is both lab-and office-based and will be 100% based on site. The company offers a salary in the region of circa £30,000-£40,000 depending on experience, as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, company pension, and life insurance. Hours are 8.30am-5pm Monday-Thursday, with an early finish on a Friday.
The Scientist role will is based at the company's site near Braintree easily commutable from Colchester, Chelmsford and surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be to:
- Conduct and organise projects/ investigations, using sound scientific methodology.
- Analyse large sets of data to provide interpretation and conclusions.
- Suggest and assist the implementation of continuous improvements.
- Report results of investigations clearly and efficiently.
- Provide support to Operations Department including scientific investigations relative to quality, troubleshooting. Investigate, gather, and analyse the information available and communicate findings.
- Participate in or carry out scientific project work/ investigations as required, including scientific laboratory work, typically setting up and conducting experiments as well as analysing experimental data and documenting the work done.
- Communicate effectively - this includes verbal communication but also producing project documentation, work reports and weekly reports on activity, as well as with non-scientific peers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry or materials science - essential
- Proven industrial lab experience - strongly preferred
- Skilled in data analysis including data analysis of large datasets, as well as good working knowledge of Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as organisational expertise and skilled in problem solving
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54454 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 54454
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 22nd September 2022
- Expires: 20th October 2022